How do you stop Zuckerpig's privacy invasions?
Boycott anyone who advertises on those sites -- do not buy and do not do business with in any other way. How do you know they're advertising? You see "Sponsored" or any sort of video ad from a given entity.
This post is exempt and will never go away. I will add to it as I see new companies, and if you do and can confirm it to me I'll add them. Here's my pledge: If I see an ad from your firm on any of Zuckerpig's properties or sufficient confirmation (e.g. seeing such an ad on someone else's device in the app) I will never buy anything from you.
You choose -- you advertise and pay that company to do so, you lose my business. To get it back you must permanently pledge to never again advertise on any Facebook-owned property, in public, via a formal press release or other similarly-verifiable and public method.
Oh and you get one second chance, never more.
Advertising is legal. So is refusing to do business with you because you are the primary and in fact nearly the sole source of funds for a company that does things I consider detestable.
So here is the start of it folks, and yes, it will grow.... check back often!
- Best Buy (Oh well; I've bought plenty there)
- REI (this one hurts; I like them.... but no more!)
- Big Green Egg (Sorry *******s, I was interested but NOT NOW!)
- Southwest Airlines (all airlines SUCK, but now these ****ers are on my blackball list)
- Consumer Reports
- Inked Magazine
- Runner's World (oh well!)
- 30A clothing company (oops -- that one's local)
- The Heritage Foundation (oops again!)
- Huffington Post (no loss there)
- A&E TV
- We Are The Mighty (Military-oriented news org)
- LinkedIN (be a paying customer and you're blackballed - as employer or employee!)
- Pensacola Runners Association (ouch; they sponsor races I'd run in...)
- National Geographic (oh well)
- CNet (Bleh)
- 22 Words (Clickbait garbage, but heh)
- Active.com (oops again; and I have bought quite a lot from gearup...)
- 12 Tomatoes
- The Penny Hoarder (yeah, another clickbait garbage site, but..)
- SoWal (oops -- bye-bye Walton County beach businesses..)
- Innermost House (San Fran Non-profit... good for some west coasters)
- NTD Television
- The New York Times (shock - NOT!)
- Conservative Tribune (news)
- Netgear (Router/ipCam/etc manufacturer)