Fact: There is no immunity or protection against The Law of Scoreboards.
Did you know: What the media does NOT want you to read is at https://market-ticker.org/nad.
You are not signed on; if you are a visitor please register for a free account!
|The Market Ticker Single Post Display (Show in context)||
|User Info||But Inflation Was Going Away!; entered at 2023-09-14 10:30:38|
I keep very detailed financial records. In the last year or so, I have the following personal inflation:|
1. Property taxes, up by 1/3 over the previous homeowner.
2. Homeowner's insurance, up 25%
3. Car insurance, up 37%
4. Food - at least 20%
5. Restaurants - up 25%, standard tipping is now expected to be 20% at the LOW end.
6. Medical - who knows - I can't figure out medical billing and my insurance costs are hidden by my employer. I do know that almost nothing is covered and I am seeing increases.
7. Landscaping, up 15%
8. New roof - over $60K - probably could have had one for half that just a few years ago.
I don't believe the government statistics on CPI. Their "hedonic" adjustments are now just a joke. Also not reflected in the CPI is the fact that it is nearly impossible to have work done correctly the first time and that even though I pay someone to manage his workers, he doesn't do it. In some cases I become so exasperated I kick the workers out of my house and finish the job on my own.