These numbers are for only three months, so for the full year multiply by four.
Again, the total "social insurance and retirement" tax grab is $274 billion. Social Security is a 12.3% tax (up to the cap) and Medicare is 2.9% (no cap.) The split is thus roughly-speaking ~19% Medicare, the rest (81%) Social Security.
If you want to get down into the detailed numbers they don't "quite" add there because there is both spending and tax revenue that gets bucketed in each from the various line items. But it's not off by much; the "line item" (without the bucketing) comes up as 74/26 -- not materially different.
81% of $274 billion is $222 billion. Social Security spent $251 billion. That's a ~29 billion shortfall. Not good but there are a lot of Treasuries held against that requirement, and by 2026 the budget impact as a percentage starts to fall because the boomers start to die, statistically speaking. In other words Social Security had a ~12% shortfall over the first three months, indistinguishable from my last look (12% .vs. 13%.) This is easily fixable on a forward basis without much economic pain.
Medicare, on the other hand, spent $153 billion but took in just $52 billion. That's a shortfall of 66%; that is, two thirds of it is unfunded. You would have to more than triple the Medicare Tax Rate in order to bring it to parity.
That's an "improvement" over the nearly 75% deficit in the first month but we are in fact talking about bleeding out in two minutes rather than three; the outcome does not change.
Add to that "Health" (Medicaid, mostly) and it's much worse; now you take in $52 billion but pay out nearly $300 billion.
Note that the deficit thus far is $319 billion. If you were to get rid of the deficit between Medicare and Medicaid .vs. tax receipts you would almost close the deficit to zero. If you also increased the FICA tax rate by 13% (to just under 7% for "each half"), increased the income cap where it stops being collected or some combination that wounds up in the same place as well the deficit would be effectively zero.
$319 billion over three months equals roughly $1,300 billion, or close to $1.3 trillion in deficit for the entire fiscal year. The only good news is that April is usually a strongly positive month (as a result of taxes being due) but either way the deficit is almost-certain to be in the neighborhood of $1.1 trillion this year.
You cannot fix this with either taxation or cost-shifting. It is mathematically impossible to do so.
For example you'd have to nearly double the individual income tax rate on everyone, including the middle class; to close the gap by increasing the corporate tax rate you would have to raise it by more than an insane and utterly impossible 600%. Any claim that we can solve this by making people pay "their fair share" is a flat-out lie.
You cannot get there by "cutting spending" on other than these programs either; if you cut all "other spending" to zero along with transportation and education you'd only cover 30% of the deficit. Cutting military spending to zero (which is obviously impossible) wouldn't get there either.
There is only one way to solve this problem and that is to collapse Medicare and Health spending by 80%. You can only resolve the problem by collapsing the medical and health insurance monopolies, forcing everyone to publish a price for everything and charge everyone the same price, where said price must be handed out before service is provided, along with telling everyone involved that for any and all conditions in which a lifestyle change will remove the need for treatment government will pay zero unless the person in question makes that change.
The trend is not improving and it is not "The Next Generation" that will have to deal with this.
This has to stop right damn now or it will blow up before we get through the next Presidential term -- and no, you cannot tax your way out of it either. The people in Washington DC -- Congress and the President -- must be held personally and politically responsible for their refusal to deal with the only way to put a stop to it, which is to destroy the medical monopolists using existing, 100+ year old law, and to do it right damn now.
And if they refuse we the people must enforce our demand for them to do so. They will refuse, I remind you, unless forced by the people -- and there are peaceful and lawful means to do exactly that (e.g. a general strike.)
Nothing less than the literal existence of this nation as a Constitutional Republic is at stake.