The Market Ticker
Rss Icon RSS available
You are not signed on; if you are a visitor please register for a free account!
The Market Ticker Single Post Display (Show in context)
User: Not logged on
Top Login FAQ Register Clear Cookie
User Info The United States of SCAmazon; entered at 2017-10-28 16:20:02
Analog
Posts: 1491
Registered: 2010-12-29 arkansas ozarks
Quote:
They have a very high-margin service they can shift costs to and revenue from.

So that's how they make ends meet.
That cash cow will go dry .

Looking at the list of takeovers here
https://www.bringg.com/blog/industry-tre....
it looks to me heavy on the side of pop fluff stuff .
A tech bubble in the making ?
Or ---
if population doubles again
will we become a sit-at-home-and-type-on-the-computer-while-robots-do-the-work society as in Kurt Vonnegut's "Player Piano" ?

In a world of 98% recluses fed by the other 2% , said 98% reduced to 'Prisoner of Second Avenue' apartment dwellers
It would make sense positioning yourself to monopolize distribution .
Living where i do that seems inconceivable . But i suppose it's not to an urban IT Technophile Trillionaire who loves sitting up nights at his computer...

Walmart has built the network of not-urban local distribution centers - i'll start to worry when Amazon sets its sights on them.


a.
2017-10-28 16:20:02