Detailed market commentary at The Market Ticker and Ticker Classics
(The Year 2012 In Review)
Donations accepted; we offer GOLD ACCESS for enhanced privileges. T-Shirts, caps, coffee mugs? Click here.
BlogTalkRadio - Mondays at 3:30 Central - Yes, TickerGuy has a radio show (kinda)
RSS available You are not signed on; if you are a visitor please register for a free account!
|MarketTicker Forums Single Post Display (Show in context)||
User: Not logged on
|User Info||TickerCon; entered at 2011-04-16 17:57:24|
Well here's a quick version of the tray icon that was requested a while back. Anyone with a recent version of Windows (including XP) and the .NET Framework v3.5 or v4.0 installed (including most users since it's pushed via Windows Update) should be able to compile/run this.|
1. Copy/paste the below code into a plain text file (using Notepad or whatever) and save to your hard drive. By convention it should have a .cs file extension but that is not strictly required. Note that Notepad will append a .txt file extension unless you use quotation marks around the filename when saving.
2. Open a command prompt: hit [Windows]+[R] and type "cmd" without the quotation marks.
3. Copy/paste the below command text into the prompt window (using [Ctrl]+[V] will not work--you need to use the right-click menu to paste), substituting the path and filename where indicated.
4. You should get output that says "Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler..." and no error messages.
5. You should find a .exe file dropped into the current directory of the command prompt. Copy it wherever, maybe link it into your Startup menu, have fun waiting for the nuke.
Note that I did not include any error-handling logic, so if you lose network connectivity or KD changes the URL format, the program will just crash. Use at your own risk. :)
EDIT: I found out that the forum does not like backslashes. You will need to replace any dollar signs ("$") with backslashes after copy/pasting. There are several in the command text and two in the Regex in the code. I also added unnecessary string concatenations to avoid the URLs becoming hyperlinks.
Command prompt wrote..
%SystemRoot%$Microsoft.NET$Framework$v3.5$CSC.exe /reference:System.dll /reference:System.Drawing.dll /reference:System.Windows.Forms.dll /target:winexe "C:$Path_to_saved_code_file$Saved_file_name.cs"
Last modified: 2011-04-16 18:04:43 by drr